Friday, December 30, 2011

Review: The Book of Creation


The Book of Creation
The Book of Creation by Evan Braun

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Take the Da Vinci code and mix it with equal parts Indiana Jones and The Celestine Prophecy and you'll get The Book of Creation (The Watchers Chronicle Book I).

I'm a sucker for books that start firmly rooted in history and then use all the holes in our knowledge to weave together cool tale. That's what this book does. I love the sense of wonder of discovery when Emery Wortlich the archeologist, Sherwood Brighton the math genius and Ira Benyamin the Rabbi work together to piece together an ancient (and I mean ancient!) mystery. Of course, they don't all have the same motivations and that leads to some interesting problems.

I have to say that of all the characters in the book, the one who intrigues me most is the mysterious French billionaire, Raff Lagati.

A very enjoyable read, and it works as a stand alone novel. That said, there are some big questions left unanswered, so I'm looking forward to book II!



View all my reviews