Monday, April 11, 2011

The Extravert Powerup

The progress bar has not moved for one very good reason. I've been recharging.

I tend to create in short bursts, but I've been working hard to even that out. I also returned from Nashville a week or so ago and that always results in lower productivity as I rest up from the mental energy expended by using the extravert power up.

Using the extravert power up is dangerous because it pulls from the same stores I use to create fiction or write songs. Even worse, it costs double and begins to burn happiness energy after a day or two. This leaves me exhausted, uninspired, and a bit depressed for a few days after.

I have done a bit of work on the book since I returned, but it's been a bit spotty. I've given myself permission to take in some content so I've watched a ton of documentaries and read some books. I'm feeling much refreshed now, so expect some good productivity once all these distractions in my schedule are past.