Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Progress, Low Efficiency

I wrote for a long time today and made some good progress.  I got over twice my daily quota. That said, my efficiency, or words/hour, was bad. I kept having to stop and think about what happens next. Funny how that works. Check the progress bar. At this rate I'll be done a month early. Don't count on it!

I don't outline very much. I've made some half-hearted attempts, but I haven't developed any skill for it. I'm going to have to do some soon, though. I'm getting close to an important turning point in the story and I need to be positive I know what I'm doing.

Had a surprise song erupt, too. So a good day from a creative perspective. Too bad my body is so sore from my workout. Everyone is bustling around packing for various trips. One is going to camp for the week and the other to CA for a book writing workshop. I've got to hold down the fort and remember to feed the cat and the guinea pig.